Thursday, March 27, 2008

The good thing about living next door to a doctor

Well, for the last week, my head, throat, ears and nose have made me miserable--so yesterday I gave up on echinacea and made an appointment with the good doctor. Techincally, he does not specialize in sinus infections, but he wrote me a prescription anyway.

One of my new favorite words in french is échantillon. It means free sample. It's a pretty word--to me, it looks like a concoction of enchanted and papillon (butterfly). And did I mention it means free sample? So, he gave me a few boxes of those just in case and sent me off to the pharmacie.

Medicine here is cheap. I got 6 boxes of pills for the low, low price of 13 euros. And with insurance, they give that money right back. My exhorbitantly taxed life here is finally paying off.

No comments: