Monday, May 31, 2010

I live on a COMPOUND

Okay, my supervisor just came to help move my massive luggage with her car. All this time, I kept thinking, maybe "compound" is a harsh word for where I'll be living. Vienna is a lovely city. Full of historic charm. How could anything be like a bombproof shelter? Or a place where animals go? Or a bone fracture?

Well. This place is a bit short on charm... it's a string of "townhouses" that look bland. Behind a giant fence with a noticeable lack of swirly twirly decorations on it. Every other building  in this city has swirly twirlies. Not fair!!! It's better inside... very spacious. White brick walls. Small back yard. Two stories. Kitchen, Entry, Dining, Living, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and utilities room. I'm the first one here, so I nabbed the room with the queen bed. Was that the right thing to do??? I hope my future roommate isn't upset. Maybe we could have an arm wrestle or thumb war or trivial pursuit contest when she gets here.

I have two questions for whoever lived here before me. (1) Where are the coffee filters? and (2) Where are the coat hangers?

No comments: