So now it's sadly time to say good-bye to my family... I wish they could go with me. If they came to India, too, here's what I imagine would probably happen within a few days.
My grandpa would charm them all with stories, poetry and basketball.
My grandma would make them laugh, cook amazing meals and then try to iron everyone's clothes while they sleep. My brother would provide legal counsel, spirited debates and then end up getting the people to do whatever he wants. He could create some sort of trivia quiz bowl about U.S. Presidents and Texas history.
My mom would read the kids stories about America, and India would be much cleaner after she left. My dad would know how to fix whatever happens to be broken and teach them all the words to The Pirates of Penzance.
I'll sure miss them on the trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet picture of your parents, that is a treasure
I am so glad your mother reminded me of the blog.
Post a Comment