Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ziplining

I didn't take photos on my phone today, but we did go zip-lining in Kohala with
Lisa Marie Presley, her husband, son and son's girlfriend for 3 1/2 hours today. At first, I thought they were just a weird family from LA.

Nope. Not just any weird family. But it was awesome to see that celebrities are just people when you aren't staring them as photos in a magazine.

Our guide was also a fourth generation descendant of King Kamehameha. She had a tattoo of him on her arm, along with depictions of sharks, her family's protective spirit animal.

After that we hiked down to Polulu Valley to another black sand beach. It was magical. (Until the hike back up the cliff.) A divine sushi dinner in Hawi capped off the day. We have been so fortunate to miss almost all the daily showers as we have been out and about.

Earlier in the day we snorkeled at Spencer Beach Park, but I'm assuming everyone reading this cares more about Lisa Marie Presley sightings than fish! What a day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: