Friday, October 19, 2012

Sagu

My favorite dessert in Brazil is called sagu. And that is high praise given its competitors include passion-fruit mousse and every imaginable combination of dulce de leite with chocolate sauce and coconut.

Sagu is a tapioca (slightly larger than our tapioca) cooked with wine and cinnamon and cloves and served cold with vanilla whipped cream or sweetened condensed milk. Normally, its served at restaurants. I love it and had my first attempt at making some last night. I forgot that if you cook 1 cup of tapioca, you end up with more than six times that amount in the end.

This will not be a problem. The trouble is, I found six different recipes for it, each very different from the others. The one i made had a great flavor but less than ideal texture. Once I have perfected the recipe, I will post it here so everyone can enjoy it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: