Thursday, November 15, 2007

England may save Thanksgiving! You can help, too!

Okay dear readers,

This is a call for help!

The American Assistants have planned a Thanksgiving feast for next Wednesday (most of us have to work Thursday, how lame). The British are excited about it. The Canadians are even more excited about it (they have a form of Thanksgiving).

So last night, I was reading recipes for pie, buttermilk biscuits and dressing online. I could actually taste the pecan pie crunching in my mouth. The problem is, a lot of the traditional ingredients can't be found here (unless Megan finds them in England this weekend).

So could you help me? If you know of a recipe for pecan pie that has no corn syrup, can you send it to me? Also a biscuits recipe with no baking powder or shortening. We have baking soda. Also there is no canned pumpkin here. But we have lots of walnuts! Please send any ideas to laurajoost@gmail.com!

1 comment:

DanaMarie said...

So, I don't have any recipes, BUT I did look this up: There is no substitute for baking soda but, if you must substitute for baking powder, the equivalent to 1 tsp of baking powder can be made by combining 3/4 tsp cream of tartar with 1/4 tsp baking soda.
on:
http://www.slashfood.com/2006/05/09/baking-powder-vs-baking-soda/

and this:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1823,147170-227206,00.html

I thought it might help! love you!