I know I've been mentioning not having electricity for awhile now. But TODAY is the day... hopefully unless the people at the electric company are liars.
Things that will be great about having electricity:
-lights during the night and early morning (i.e. not fumbling around to make a breakfast pbj in the morning or finding documents in the night so they aren't forgotten the next day)
-internet access on demand after not having it for a week and a half
-hot water... and that means COFFEE or TEA! Oh how I've missed them!
-hair dryers
-radiators (towels here don't ever dry unless draped over one for atleast 20 hours)
-refridgerator (no more thrice daily sandwiches)
It will be sorta sad moving out of the doctor's house back to the appartment (across the courtyard). The atmosphere and furnishings are too cool--everythings old and charmingly cluttered and perfect. Also the bed is like 150 years old, and it feels like I'm sleeping in a marshmallow because of the soft mattress, two quilts and a fluffy duvet.
Apparently Dr. Bleuse owns a farm, too. He showed up with a sack of hand-picked apples, walnuts and fresh eggs. Is this even possible? He said we could go visit it next Sunday if we're ready by 9.
Well I better get going. Today Megan and I will go to Lille (the regional capital) for a doctor's visit that will let us get long-stay visas (une carte de sejour). It just so happens that there is an IKEA. And it just so happens that IKEA sells fress press coffee makers, duvet covers, lamps and rugs. Fantastic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laura, I enjoy reading these so much. you are so passionate, thoughtful, and hilarious. I am glad you like it there.
Post a Comment