Oh yeah
I forgot to tell yall a really important story about yesterday. I forgot my wallet because of rushing to run an errand before going to the bank to set up an account yesterday... this meant no money and also no key to get back inside the apt. building. So I got to sit outside for an hour waiting for Caroline to get back...of course this is when I have my passport, camera and every important document with me. In sketchyville as people drive by the rock lined parking lot in ridiculous cars. Anyway, it ended up okay, a french girl was outside smoking, and we talked awhile. She goes to high school in the small town I am teaching, and it was so fantastic! She is scared of spiders and wants to go to the Grand Canyon. She couldn't believe someone from America would want to go to her part of France.
Also the french word for water tower translates as "castle of water".
Today we went to a french outdoor market and looked at praline peanuts, almond nougat, wool scarves, dry sausages, 9 kinds of cheese and oysters---magnifique!
It is easy to get dressed here. You wear a jacket and scarf if it is really cold. Or if it is cool and sunny ( like today!) , you can wear whatever you want. The more an outfit doesnt match or make any sense together, the more you look like a french person. Voila, le secret.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Laura!
I am so glad things have been well for you! That is amazing about the 3 bdrm apt!!! Miracles do happen.
We miss you back here! Hope you are having fun times. Also, try as many types of cheese and wine as possible.
Love, Jenn
Hey, girl! I found you link from Heather's page. I'm so happy that you're doing well. We miss you.
Love, Leslie
Post a Comment