Salut!
How are you all? So much has happened since my last post. Things are coming together more and more, and it's wonderful to see.
Megan arrived Sunday afternoon (yesterday--was it really only yesterday?). She's from Australia but has been teaching French and Spanish in London for the past year and a half. It's been really fun getting to know her. We'll either be roommates or next door neighbors in the appartment building we're moving to tomorrow in Marly. Today we went wandering around the old city center. It's really lovely here! When it's not so rainy, I'll take pictures and post them.
We got to drive by and see her schools yesterday as well as the appartment building. It's in a suburb of town where a lot of students live. There is a bowling alley, movie theather and Mc Donalds right across the street.
Today Antoinette took me by all three schools, and we spoke with the principals and teachers (six total) who I'll be working in! It was fantastic seeing all the kids. They are precious and made the funniest amazed faces when I was introduced as being from America...from Texas. Altogether, I should have like 12 classes, four at each school per week. My schedule hasn't been set yet though.
Tomorrow, we have a general meeting to go to in a nearby town (Douai--pronounced Do-A) and I get to see Sarah, woohoo! Anyway more later :) I've got to pack for the move tomorrow and kill all the mosquitos remaining in our room so they don't get us tonight. (This is not just a problem in Texas--it's worse here because the windows don't close all the way!) Bonne nuit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment