Yesterday, we went to Grover Tailoring House to order and be measured for custom suits. How much is a custom suit here? It's around $200 including stitching and good quality wool.
I feel guilty about how cheap labor is here. For example: hiring a driver and car for 8 hours only costs 1200 rupees. (We gave him a whopper of a tip.)
India's comparative advantage vis-a-vis the American economy is labor. It is cheaper for them to hire more workers that to install more machines. When we went in Domino's Pizza for pre-lunch breadsticks, there were at least 28 people working behind the counter.
In less exciting news, a bout of Dehli belly has taken me hostage... yesterday afternoon and evening was rough. I felt so sick in my stomach, but we were already out so I just had to deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment