Last night was amazing. I can't really describe it. There were so many forces multiplying to make it an unforgettable night. BUT here is the one that pushed it into immortality.
Dr. Gawande has multiple graduate degrees. He owns a primary school in rural India. He is one of the most intelligent analysts I've ever known. And he can DANCE.
He danced for hours. And he loved it. Kelly shared this conversation this morning he had with an Indian guy on the dance floor.
Kelly: "So how do Indian men dance?"
Man: (Surveys the Dancing. Points at Kishore) "Hey. Do you see that guy? That guy over there. That is how Indian men dance."
The Indian people were so great. Most of them were out with their families. Everyone had memorable conversations with the people we met. Indians really respect the idea of America as a large, diverse democracy and hold it up as the model they aspire to be.
I hope everyone enjoyed ringing in 2011 as we did :).

No comments:
Post a Comment