At least twice daily the bus and I go past Fresco Grill Burritos | Tacos | Bar. Peter and I always talk about how we need to go by there one day after work... so today we did.
I have missed black beans and pepper jack cheese all summer. Walking into Fresco Grill is like walking into the Freebird's World Burritos in College Station, Texas. There are exposed bricks and pipes and chrome seating (no foil statues, though) and the employees wear black baseball caps and have tattoos. How perfect.
It's hard to explain how excited I felt watching the girl heap black beans on a chicken taco, then cover it in guacamole and shredded gouda. It was like watching someone wrap the most wonderful birthday present you could hope for and then having them give it to you right away.
Biting into the tacos was less exciting. Let's be honest - these tacos didn't taste like much. But standing in front of the glass bar and confidently deciding how to assemble the tacos was just so wonderful.
By the way, there were 2 Jeep Cherokees parked outside Fresco Taco and 1 man wearing a UPS uniform.
And on the way home, I saw a man standing in a kiddie pool trying to teach/convince his dog how to do the same. Later, I ran through an abandoned sprinkler on a side street because it's 95 degrees outside and nothing is air conditioned or klimatisiert. It's been a good day. Things just move so much slower when it's hot. That's how an Austrian woman explained to to my roommate: it's okay that it's hot, you just need to go more slowly.
[Note: Klimatisiert is one of my favorite German words to finish anglicizing and use in conversation. Others include WAGEN HALT (the words that flash when you request a bus stop) and Aroma Proof (what indicates that food packages have been sealed).]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment