I have a really awesome travel alarm clock. My grandparents gave it to me one year for my birthday and it has some sort of radio satellite device that knows what time zone its in and always displays the correct time without needing me to adjust it.
So this morning, when I woke up it read 4:40 am. And I thought "Oh! this is terrible," but got out of bed and went downstairs. Well, the clocks down there said 5:40am, but this didn't register in my sonambulant state.
Things made even less sense when my computer later said it was 11:30 pm (because it's still on Texas time, which is 6:30 am in Austria). Are you confused yet? So after checking my alarm clock, I realize it has re-set itself to be on UK time [because a UK has replaced GER], which is one hour earlier than Austrian time.
Is this happenstance? A technical malfunction? The NSA messing with my alarm clock?
No. I'm leaving for London tomorrow!! My alarm clock knows!! And it adjusted based on future travel plans (albeit 24 hours early). And that's just weird. The most reasonable explanation is that the clock has obviously overheard my conversations and is really looking forward to the trip to jolly ol', too.
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog until Monday.. but I promise lots of good pictures upon return!
Am sooo excited about this trip - will get to see Caroline and Jen and Megan and Jeremy Bentham and Wells. It's vacation at last! So far this summer, I haven't made it out of Vienna except for going to the heurigen last week.
The best part of the above sign was this -
They must not want to disturb the grapes.
1 comment:
What!? They won't let you play your trumpet by the grapes??
Post a Comment