This is one of my first jobs that doesn't involve interaction with children. I am beginning to feel like a competent professional, one respected by adults (not just feared by children!). Not babysitting anyone. This strange new feeling lasted around 3 weeks.
So at least half of the staff at the mission is in flux now - relocating, or retiring or arriving. At a recent going away party, it took precisely 45 seconds for all 3 kids to run up and jump on me (kids that I'd never met before). Two dressed as princess fairies (or tinkerbells??) and had wands. They would only move whenever the wands lit up and made noises. The other was some sort of jungle cat. I was immediately taken captive in the kid cave, helping dress crystal princess ponies and putting on imaginary makeup. How did they know??? So much for being in the grown up league.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment