Sooo you might be wondering about church here. My first Sunday in Vienna, the English-Speaking Methodist Church was having their annual conference... it was crazy! The service was in German and then translated into English (or vice-ver sa) so it took approximately 3 hours. Although the service was nice, I decided to keep looking around because there are at least 4 English language worship services around the city (but unfortunately all far away from me! why is that?).
For the last three weeks, I've been going to Vienna International Chapel. The service is in the afternoon at 4pm, so the distance matters less. It's actually past where I work... so Saturdays are the only day I avoid the hour-long commute across town! I always thought it would be really glamorous to ride the subway in a fabulous capital city. But it's not... it's sort of smelly (but less that Paris) and monotonous and squeaky. At least there's good time for reading. I'm falling into some sort of rhythm with the 40A bus... but unfortunately, it's one of me being 2 minutes too slow and watching it pass by me just as I'm approaching the corner... Running shoes really make sense here.
Anyway, Vienna International Chapel is great. Three of the other interns have gone, too! The pastor is British, and they have an incredibly international congregation. People come and go from all over the world. They seem to both send and receive missionaries. The other people my age are twins from Tanzania, a guy from South Korea, a half Austrian/half American girl and a half Brazilian/half Austrian guy. It's been fun getting to know them. It's the most beautiful blessing to be able to go to church and fellowship with people here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment