This should really be News from the Patio: Third Edition because two other noteworthy events have taken place back there.
(1) Neighbors in #8 abruptly stole the lawn table and chairs! This treachery occurred five days after I moved in. The first sunny and relaxing Saturday of my trip, my decision to dine al fresco met with a horrible shock. The garden gate was swinging open. And there. On THEIR patio was the sightly dingy white plastic furniture. These shameless intern-patio-table-thieves did not even have the decency to stash their loot and only use it when they knew we were gone. Oh, the gall. [Comment: these are the ones who have small children. I hear their shrill voices travel along the pipes in the bathroom and their Saturday morning cartoons through the bedroom wall. End Comment.]
(2) I planted a pineapple top in the backyard. Sadly, it died five days later. It is now buried behind the large holly bush. :( Rest in Peace, small Hawaiian friend. You traveled far and tasted delicious.
(3) We have a red rose bush (shared through a fence with the abrupt neighbors in #8). Saturday, the first rose was only beginning to open. This morning, it was huge! What a wonderful thing! It helps compensate for the losses incurred in previous patio newsworthy events.
It occurs to me that I devote a significant amount of this blog discussing flowers. I was going to apologize for this, but apologies usually accompany a change in behavior. So I better not.
No comments:
Post a Comment